RSS

Idiom Using "Walk"








a walk of life
a person's walk of life is the type of job they do or the level of society they belong to.
There were people at the meeting from almost every walk of life.

walk along
to move along on foot.
 I was just walking along when my heel broke off.

walk away from someone or something
to abandon someone or something; to go away and leave someone or something.
I walked away from him and never saw him again.

walk a thin line (between something)
to balance two competing ideas or groups
The diplomats knew they had to walk a fine line between the rebel groups and the government.

walk someone over to someone or something
to accompany someone a short distance on foot to someone or something. 
 I will walk her over to Richard. I think he's in his office.

walk soft
to be unobtrusive; to be gentle and humble.
 I try to walk soft and not rock the boat.

walk on air
to be very happy; to be euphoric.
 Stephanie  was walking on air when she got the job.

walk the walk
to show that something is true through your actions
He says the team will be just as good without Marcus as they were with him, but we'll have to see if the team can walk the walk.
a walk in the park
something that is very easy to do, and usually pleasant:
She's used to hard cook fried chicken- this is a walk in the park to her.

walk on eggs/eggshells
If you are walking on eggs/eggshells, you are being very careful not to offend someone or do anything wrong:
When my mother is staying at our house, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells.


 By : Zsal Zsabila

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment