RSS

Idiom Using " Heart"







open your heart
to tell someone your secret thoughts and feelings (often + to )
Today, he opened his heart to my sister  and I think that's when he fell in love with her.

a heart of stone
an unfriendly and unkind character
She never smiled and she was somewhat cruel to everyone around her. However, although she had a heart of stone, it wasn't her fault.

change of heart
Altered feelings or attitude.
as in Paul didn't like his new job, but a raise prompted a change of heart and he became quite enthusiastic .

steal someone's heart
Win someone's love,
William has stole Margaret’s heart.

have no heart for
Also, not have the heart for. Lack enthusiasm for,
I should go to market to accompany my mom to buy some clothes there, but I don't have the heart for it.

cry one's heart out
to do something with vigor or intensity.
His father died and he's been crying her heart out all evening.


take heart (from something)
to receive courage or comfort from some fact.
 I hope that you will take heart from what we told you today. Even though you did not win the race, take heart from the fact that you did your best. I told her to take heart and try again next time.

break someone's heart
Cause severe emotional pain or grief.
If she doesn’t eat her food , it will break her mother's heart.

sick at heart 
very sad
The thought of her mother so far away made her sick at heart.

young at heart
having a youthful spirit no matter what one's age
I am over 70 but I still feel young at heart.

By : Zsal Zsabila


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment