RSS

Idiom Using "Hand"



Hi guys !!!
For today, I would like to give you an idiom using “ hand” .  I hope it can give benefits for your English, and you can use that in your daily activity.



a big hand
lots of applause for something.
Mom got a big hand for cooking very delicious. Dad and I always give the acrobats a big hand.

tie hands
to use rope or string to tie someone's hands together.
The thief tied my hands and I couldn't call the police and anybody.

first hand
from the first or original source.
I got this signature in this famous book firsthand from the writer.

have one's hands full (with someone or something)
to be busy or totally occupied with someone or something.
I have my hands full with my five nephew, so I hope you can help me.

an old hand
Someone who has done a particular job or activity for a long time and who can do it very well (often + at )
Maria is an old hand at lingerie fashion, having trained at Victoria Secret before on fashion Company.

hand someone something
To tell someone something; to tell someone nonsense.
She handed me a line about being a famous writer.

be in safe hands
if someone or something is in safe hands, they are being looked after by someone who can be trusted
 I’m very happy my mother  in safe hands at the hospital.

put your hand on your heart
if you can put your hand on your heart and say something,
you can say it knowing that it is the truth I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say I'd never looked at another woman.

close at hand
close in space; within reach.
 I'm sorry, but your letter isn't close at hand.

Hand in glove
very close to someone.
 Andy is really hand in glove with Martha. The teacher and the principal work hand in glove.


By  : Zsal Zsabila

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment