RSS

Idioms to Expressing Anger

Hello guys! Today I want to share about idioms to expressing anger. Do you ever get mad to someone over something? You should use idioms to expressing your anger! Here's the list of common idioms to expressing anger. Check it out!

  1. gets one’s goatget annoyed or irritated by someone
    It really gets my goat when people push in front of me in a queue
  2. to be on the warpathto be angry and search for people who makes you angry to start a fight with that person
    Look out! Dad’s on the warpath. He knows that you bring your girlfriend to your room.
  3. to see redvery angry
    I didn’t mean to hit him: I just saw red.
  4. to throw a wobbly
    suddenly lose one’s self-control and become angry.
    His wife threw a wobbly when she saw him looking at another woman.
  5. getting on my nervessomeone do something that irritating or bothering you
    Will you stop smoking here! You’re getting on my nerves.
  6. makes one’s blood boil
    very angry
    It makes my blood boil to think that the police failed to catch the criminal
  7. (almost) burst a blood vessel
    very angry (in a humorous way)
    My mom almost burst a blood vessel when she saw my tattoo. You have to see her face, it’s funny!
  8. to be hopping mad
    extremely angry. So angry that you are almost jumping / hopping around with rage
    My father was hopping mad when he found out that I fought with my classmate
  9. go ballistic
    to become violently and uncontrollably angry
    My wife went ballistic when she saw this month’s bill
  10. blow your top (also, blow up, blow a gasket, and blow a fuse)
    to suddenly lose your temper (get very angry)
    Dad will blow his top when he sees the broken car

by : Yunita Indriana

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment