RSS

Idioms in Your Daily Life

Hey guys !
Actually in daily life many idioms that we used  when we talking each other. But, maybe we’re not realized  that. So, in this post I would like to post about  using idioms in daily life. I hope you can enjoy it.



Kill two birds with one stone
You like to do something at the same time.
Jenny is diligent and competent. She always like to kill two birds with one stone.

There are plenty more fish  in the sea
There are many more men/women for you to meet
Don’t worry brother, She is not the only one women in the world. There are plenty more fish in the sea, so cheer up !

Not judge a book by its cover
To not be able to really know about someone or something by simply looking at them
Maybe when we saw him at the first time we will say he  is a bad boy, but actually not. He is good person, it means you can’t judge a book by its cover.

The top dog
the most important and powerful person in a group.
She is the top dog in the company and she made sure she got what she wanted.

Go ahead
To begin to do something
Let’s go ahead and start now. I can’t wait any longer.

On the same wavelength
Have the same thoughts  and opinions.
I think I’m agree with you Elizabeth. We’re are on the same wavelength.

As long as
Provided that, on  conditional that.
As long as you promise to eat your breakfast, I never mad with you again.

Hit the books
It simply means “to study,” and is a way of telling your friends that you’re going to study.
I’m sorry we can’t hang out for today, because I have mid-term test tomorrow. I have to hit the books tonight.

After all
anyway; in spite of what had been decided. (Often refers to a change in plans or a reversal of plans.)
I knew it! After all , I was right! Swish is her destination after all.

Keep in touch
Keep in contact with someone by calling, visiting or sending messages
Nice to knowing you. Good bye and keep in touch! Keep in touch with me. I’m sorry if I can’t stay in here any longer.

By           : Zsal Zsabila






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment